I am in the process of creating a set of halloween dolls. I made 2 original heads, two different sizes..and then i created a mold for each. It was easier to have a jump on the next dolls heads..manipulting the faces after they come out of the mold takes me anywher from 1 to 2 hours, so each dolls has its own personality....no two are exact!
I then created a body pattern.... borrowing the "but " portion from an epb pattern ....thanks elinor...for that great "shaped butt" ..i used armature wire in the torso...arms and legs and they are now poseable! thanks to my friend maria..."she said...giirrrrl...you've got to use some type of armiture in those dolls!!!"
i have wigged them all and i have completed 2 costumes... , leopard girl and strawberry girl.......I'm working on the third...bear girl.
i'm working production style with these dolls ...completing each section on all dolls before moving to the next thing....heads, bodies, faces, hair costumes..the last thing i wiil do is feet and shoes